Saturday, August 2, 2008

Disaster

I was enjoying my south Indian meal, as usual, in hotel Balaji Spice near our college. A lot of rice (I never had such an amount of rice in lunch), 2-3 varieties of curries and some sweet. I had just started eating than phone rang. It was my brother on phone. He asked me where I was. I could not understand why he is asking that question. Then he told me that some seven bomb blast happened in Bangalore city. It was really shocking news. Bangalore had never experienced such serial blasts at one time. But only consoling news was those blasts were of low intensity and not too many causalities were reposted. That was Friday.
Next day I went to my brother’s place. It was around 6 pm in evening. Suddenly news came that now Ahmadabad hit by 16 serial blasts. What??!! 16 blasts in one hour!! Another big blow to India and surely it shows some weak response by our intelligence agencies and police. However, here I do not want to get into any debate whether it is really possible for them to stop such attacks? But the point to be noted here is that new groups are making their presence felt. But the way people from Ahmadabad responded is really appreciating, especially in the light that this region is one of the most sensitive one when it comes to such attacks. We all remember Godhra riots still! Hats off to them. This is simple question I pose to all militants out there:
Wham!
Fire, cry, and yell
Can you here them all
A smoke has cleared
Can you see
A little child crying aloud
In a mother’s lap
Mother, who has already fallen a prey
Can you see
A grand-father
Burdened with age and poverty
With all tears dried up
Shred nothing, but few words, looking at his dead son
Can you see
That man
Who has lost his hand
That helped him to earn bread and butter
That helped him feed his family
Can you see
What you have done to them
In the name of God (?)
In the name of freedom (?)
In the name of power (?)
What you want to achieve?
Freedom, power, satisfaction?
What?
This is the real question
Because answer to which
Even you don’t know!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

c'mon dude... new post.